SkyGazer Labs Ltd (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- The mySymptoms smartphone application software (App) hosted on the Apple iTunes Store, Amazon App Store and Google Play (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your smartphone or tablet (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any Data We collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (United Kingdom), the data controller is SkyGazer Labs Ltd, Lakin Rose, Pioneer House, Vision Park, Histon, Cambridge, CB24 9NL.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following Data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on the Services Sites, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of the Service Sites.
With the exception of any information that you provide for support services, the information you provide within the App should be anonymous (according to our App terms and conditions) and may include, username, password and other registration information, details of symptoms, medications, dietary information, personal notes or any other information you record in the App.
Please note that while all data we collect is anonymous, there is a feature within the App allowing users to record free text notes. Please be mindful that information that you choose to enter could reveal your personal identity.
- Information We receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, and analytics providers,) however We do not receive information about you from them.
- If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
If you contact us for support or otherwise, We collect the information you provide us, including: your name, email address, operating system, device information and model, language, and any other information that you choose to provide.
INFORMATION WE DO NOT COLLECT
Any Data that We collect, with the exception of when providing technical support, is anonymous and We do not collect the following:
- your name;
- your address;
- your phone number;
- your age; or
- financial and credit card information.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted information and Device Information: to analyse your usage of the App in order for us to continue to make improvements to the App and the operation of the App Site, including the App analytics. We may also provide anonymous aggregate data to third parties for medical research purposes.
- Content information: to provide customer service and support, and to improve the App.
- Log information: to analyse your usage of the App.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers or third parties , but we may provide anonymous aggregate information about our users to third parties.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your Data to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If SkyGazer Labs Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of SkyGazer Labs Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE THE DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services are secure. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Service Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your Data, We cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to the Service Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. For the avoidance of doubt, We shall have no responsibility whatsoever for the content of any data which you may input and store in the App or on the Site and We shall not be responsible for any loss, destruction, alteration or damage of data you input or store in the App or on the Site.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your Data) if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right to opt out of having Data collected from analytics tracking from the App. For help with turning off this feature please see www.mysymptoms.net/faqs . Please note that any advertisements that appear in the App are provided by third parties such as Google. We do not disclose any information to third parties but the advertising service relies on information that third parties may collect from you directly.
The Service Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any Data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any Data to these websites or use these services.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 (United Kingdom) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the App or the Services.